The School of Computer Science at Peking University, Beijing, China, seeks top international students to join the Ph.D. program and conduct innovative and impactful research in a world-class research environment, and to cultivate world-class talents in computer science. All students admitted to the Ph.D. program will receive full financial support, including tuition and monthly stipend.
General Information of the Program
a) Computer architecture
b) Computer software and theory
c) Computer applications
For more detailed information on research fields, please refer to the program catalog at: https://admission.pku.edu.cn/zsxx/lxszs/lxszyml/2022/bs/zsml_bs_lxs_en_00048.pdf
2. Full-time enrollment, courses are taught in English
a) For students with master degrees, the typical program length is 4 years;
b) For students with bachelor degrees, but no master degrees, the typical program length is 5 years.
3. For more information about faculty members and their research directions, please refer to the School of Computer Science website: https://cs.pku.edu.cn/English/People1/Faculty.htm
4. All students will live and study at the Changping New Campus.
Application Deadline and Mailing Address
1. February 28, 2022. Please make sure to mail out your application materials before the deadline.
2. Mailing address: Room 330, International Students Division, New Sun Student Center, Peking University.
Please use EMS delivery service. The envelope must be marked ‘Application for Graduate Admission’.
1. All requirements are listed at 2022 Application Information for International Students (Master's Degree and Ph.D. Degree). Please make sure you follow the requirement carefully and provide all the necessary materials, including payment of the application fee. (website: https://www.isd.pku.edu.cn/info/1471/6761.htm)
2. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide valid English test certificates: TOEFL iBT (100 points or above) or IELTS (6.5 points or above) or GRE (320 points or above) scores to prove their English language proficiency. Applicants are exempt from the English Proficiency requirement if they have completed a bachelor's degree (or higher) in an English speaking country or at an institution where English is the main language of instruction. (Candidates who graduated from non-Chinese university are required to obtain the Accreditation Report from the CSCSE http://zwfw.cscse.edu.cn/)
3. Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume.
The eligibility of all the applicants will be evaluated by the Admission Committee, organized by the School of Computer Science. The committee will select qualified applicants and inform the candidates about the interview details before the end of March 2022. The interviews will be conducted online in April 2022, after which the decision will be made and sent to the students.
Tuition and Scholarship
The tuition fee of the Ph.D. program will be RMB 50,000 Yuan per year, and RMB 200,000 Yuan in total for four years (Direct-Ph.D. program: RMB 250,000 Yuan in total for five years). Admitted students must apply for one of the scholarships listed at 2022 Application Information for International Students (Master's Degree and Ph.D. Degree).
Financial support from the School of Computer Science will be awarded as complement to the above scholarships, to guarantee that all students will receive full financial support(A limited number of outstanding students will also be awarded special scholarships) .
School of Computer Science, Peking University, Tel: (86-10) 62750278, Email: email@example.com
International Students Division, Peking University, Tel: (86-10) 62751230
Office for Admission, Graduate School, Peking University, Tel: (86-10) 62751354